New Bridge (2012) and Stour Valley Path


Langham Mill - demolished in the 1930's

The Hurlock Schoolroom

Grave of Max Plowman, writer and pacifist, co-founder of the Adelphi Centre



Church Farm and St. Mary’s Church, subjects of John Constable’s “Glebe Farm” paintings


Langham Hall (18th - 20th c.) – on the site of a much older building




St. Mary’s Church (11th – 14th c.) and the approach from tDedham Road





The Old Forge – one of a number of smithies that were in the village

Old cottages in Perry Lane and Chapel Road


The Shepherd and Dog  (the sole survivor of four pubs)



Hornestreet Field Pond

Community Centre and Shop (2012)


Children’s Play Area and Recreation Ground

The Fox (Pub closed 1965) – former Methodist chapel in the background

Ramsden Hall School, formerly The Oaks and the Adelphi Centre (1930’s), home of Max Plowman


Primary School (circa 1840) and War Memorial Gate



Lyme Cottage - once a butchery






'Discovery' apple - first cultivated as 'Dummer's Pippin'

Pond Corner and Village Sign



Langham Lodge

Boxted Airfield Historical Group Museum




USAAF Monument, Park Lane at the site of the main runway



Map: Boxted Airfield USAAF Station 150, operational 1943-46

P-47D Thunderbolt near the drop-tank store in 1944

Langham Lodge in 1944 - Residence of the Group CO 'Hub' Zemke












1. Gun Hill Trading Estate


2. Apex 12 Business Centre



5. Langham Barns


4. Park Lane Business Centre






3. School Farm Buildings

6. Lodge Park


This information Board has been created with the support of Colchester Borough Council