The Shepherd and Dog was originally built in around 1845 when the
entrance was situated around the corner on High Street. It was owned by Daniell's Brewery
but was eventually bought by Trumans. It now runs as a free house. The new building was built in 1928 and has its entrance on Moor Road with a car park
at the rear.
It is a cheerful, friendly inn which serves real ales, meals and snacks and houses a